Tuesday, December 8, 2015

DIY Essential Oil Bubble Bath

I am what you may call a modern hippie. I truly believe that if we get back to the natural way of living we would be alot better off. Most products you find now days have multiple toxic chemicals and fake fragrances that get into your blood stream and ultimately that effects your health. 
Now, I didn't always live this way. We use to buy Johnson and Johnson soaps and gain laundry detergent ect.... We never really knew the difference. Then I had my daughter in 2012. When she was about 3 months old and got into regular baths we noticed she had little rashes all over her that lasted for months. Doctors tested and tested and all they could find was an allergie to certain chemicals. So the research began, what we found was astounding. 
Not only did the soaps and bubble baths we were using contain harmful chemicals that made up the solution, but the fake fragrances also posed a health risk. The information I started to take in opened my eyes. Everything we used had toxic chemicals and had side effects we had just never connected the two.  Our household cleaners, shampoos, soaps, laundry detergent, carpet fresh. The list continued to grow! So I took action and found ways to make my own products. When you do it yourself not only do you know what is in it, but you can customize your ingredients based on your needs. So after hours on Pinterest I found a few recipes to go with and it all pointed me to essential oils. I am very specific on the brand I use for a reason now. (That is another story for another post coming soon) Anyway, that adventure lead me to Young Living and their Seed to Seal standard. Once I found out how simple and cost effective it was to make my own I never looked back. 
I've made several versions of this Bubble Bath since my first go around. Originally I made it to give me some Respiratory support during the season change with my Spearmint and Eucalyptus oils. Talk about being able to breath again! The aroma fills the whole bathroom for a very spa like experience. 
I recommend this for any mom who wants to just kick back and let it all go! Maybe even add a drop of Lavender for extra calming support.

Bubble Bath Recipe
3/4 cup Castile Soap (Unscented-Mild)
1/2-1/4 cup Vegetable Glycerin 
10/15 drops Young Living Essential Oil (check below for where to buy)
2 TBSP Filtered Water
8oz glass container
1. Mix Castile Soap and Vegetable Glycerin. 
2. Add the essential oils. You can add more if you like I just like to make mine mild for my daughter. 
3. Put the lid on and gently shake!
Use about 1/4 to 1/2 cup for a medium sized bath. 

A quick video to show the bubbles starting to produce. 
https://youtu.be/q2zJCuRKBTQ
This is the one I specifically made for Bella, my  3 year old daughter. It is called Gentle Baby, this is a  blend. It is offered by Young Living to calm moms and baby's both. It smells just like a new born baby. I love it but have to talk my ovaries down when we use it! Lol!!! Now this recipe will give you nice big bubble, although they don't last quite as long as store bought, but it allows you to have faith knowing its toxic chemical free. No more bathing in yucky chemical soup!


Like my article? Want oils for yourself with a 24% discount? Contact me today and let me help you get started on your natural living health and wellness journey.

Anna Wade
Young Living Essential Oils
Team: A Fresh Perspective  
Member ID 2488845

My shop:
Www.youngliving.com/Anna0729

Email: Annamichelle10@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment