Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Essential oil Body Wash

If you read my last blog you already know my standing on toxic chemical laden products. 
You also already know i have a deep love for essential oils and all the things they can do. This is where i get into my DIY products. Having a 3 year old with sensitive skin makes it extremely hard to find a soap that she agrees with. So i ventured into the big world of  DIY with my Essential oils.Did you know yu can use Essential oils to replace all toxic chemical products in your home?  I wont get into all of that now, but i will tell you about my latest creation. Body wash, but not just regular run of the mill wash.  This blend is creamy, luxurious and you would have sworn you spent big bucks on it. 


My recipe makes about 2 1/2 -10 OZ jars of  wash.  The blend is specially created to sooth dry skin and leave you feeling like you just walked out of a spa.  Bella begs to use this soap and wants her special Gentle Baby blend.  My personal favorite is Grapefruit and Peppermint, Joey prefers Thieves strait out. One of the best things about do it yourself products, you customize your scents and you can make anything you want. You can also customize for relaxing aromas, energizing aromas, seasonal comfort blends. Need to wake up? Try using Lemon oil. Occasional stress? Give Stressaway a try! Want some extra skin support? Throw some Frankincense in there.  I could really go on for day. Yes, i mean that to the fullest extent. Days. 

The great thing about this body wash is that it is extremely creamy and lathers up really nice as you can see from the picture above and below. It created a nice bubble and you know your really getting clean. The aroma always fills the entire bathroom, and ours is pretty large in the master bath. This soap can be used all over though.  I even wash Bella's hair with it and her hair has never been softer! She really likes the Lemon / Lavender blend for her shampoo. ( I will list a few blend recipes at the bottom ;) ) I haven't bought soap from a store in months and I probably never will again. Not to mention the money we save not having to buy natural soaps from the store or ordering them online.
Now for the part you have all been waiting for. 
The Recipe!!! 
Essential Oil Natural Body Wash
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil - Melted, but not hot.
  • 1/4 Cup Grapeseed oil
  • 2 Cup castille soap – I used Dr. Bronner’s unscented Baby-Mild castille soap
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin
  • 3 teaspoons  jojoba oil or sweet almond oil
  • 10 – 20 drops Young Living Lavender essential oil

Combine the Castile soap with the oils, you may need a funnel for this part.
Next add the Jojoba oil, vegetable glycerin, grapeseed oil and coconut oil, give it a gentle shake. 
Last add in your oils. 
If you choose a single oil like Lavender, or Peppermint. just add it in. Start with 10, give it a shake then smell and make sure it isn't to strong for you, then continue to add more based on your preference. 
If you choose a blend like Grapefruit and Peppermint ( my personal favorite )
I like to do 10 drops peppermint and 4-5 drops grapefruit since grapefruit is a citrus and it has a very strong smell i used a little less of that one. You really just have to play with what you like. For beginners though, i would suggest using a single oil until you know about the dilution of oil and learn more about what you like. Young living also offers pre-blended oils such as Stressaway and  Thieves oil. I love me some Stressaway oil!!! I wear it as perfume. 



Did i mention these ingredients are items i use daily in my home so it really isn't costing me anything extra. Frugal and natural, it really is possible.  You can always buy in bulk from placed like Amazon. For a body wash this nice you would pay about $15/$20 for in the store. Believe  me i have have searched and nothing soothes my dry skin like this blend of nourishing carrier  oils and soap. The nice thing about this soap though is that even for oily skin it is amazing. I use it to also wash my face. It takes makeup off like no other soap that i have found. I previously used Satin Facial Scrub From Young Living but it had been out of stock for some time and i needed a replacement fast. So i gave this a try since it seemed to work everywhere else. BAMB!! We had a winner. It took off Day long 3D FiberLashes from Younique and all of the base and eyemakeup that i had on also. The peppermint from my body wash blend also left my skin feeling cool and refreshed. 



Like my article? Want oils for yourself with a 24% discount? Contact me today and let me help you get started on your natural living health and wellness journey.

Anna Wade
Young Living Essential Oils
Team: A Fresh Perspective  
Member ID 2488845

My shop:
Www.youngliving.com/Anna0729

Contact Email: Annamichelle10@yahoo.com



Oil Blend Recipes That I Use:
I strictly use Young Living Oils. I only trust their Seed to Seal Standard with my family. 

(Extra Clean/ Face Wash)
10/15 drops peppermint
5/7 drop Grapefruit

(Nighttime)
10/13 drops Lavender
4 drops cedarwood
4 drops Lime

(Spa Aroma)
10/12 drops Peppermint
5/7 Drops Lavender 

(Fall is here)
10/15 drops Orange
5 drops Thieves

(Springtime)
5 Drops Lime
5/7 Drops Grapefruit
7 Drops Tangerine
5/7 drops Spearmint 

(Bellas Shampoo Blend)
7 Drops Lavender
8 drops Lemon

These are just a few that i have come up with and use in my home. We love how versatile these Essential oils are and how we have replaced all harmful chemicals in our home with natural effective products that really get the job done and have made a difference in our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment